Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 1

My dearest beloved,
                 My first week of cooking passed without much error. I am thankful that you have sent me to this culinary academy with Madame Dunston. She is absolutely wonderful. The other girls her are sweet too. Years have passed since last we spoke so here are all of the things you miss whilst traveling in Zimbabwe. I'll admit, my first day was dreadful. In the morning we made delicious sauces and I enjoyed making delectable meatballs. However, I nearly slept through the entire evening and missed the soup part. I only took a minute to rest my gloves during the luncheon and next they were in another corridor watching a film. After enjoying more dishes on Tuesday, we took a trip to Washington, D.C. It was so very exciting but riding in the carriage took a horrible toll on my back. In D.C. we visited the kitchen of Julia Child. The little room was full of neat culinary toys and adorable figurines that added flavour to the very atmosphere. I also saw the dresses of many first ladies, including that of First Lady Martha Washington. We enjoyed egg fritatas, creme brulee's, and a sweet apple dish with icecream. The casseroles were good and reminded me much of grandfather's food when we were little. My favorite class was Friday. We watched an awfully frightening documentary about the food industry and it's horrid and secret antics. The was the animals are treating are so very unnerving. To lighten the mood left from uncovering the countries secrets, we made adorable marzipan sculptures. I made breasts, a vagina, a squid, a sushi platter, a flower, a snadwich, and a brain. If you can not tell, I really enjoyed this part. So far this journey has been amazing and I can not wait to travel again tomorrow to taste more sweets.
                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                           Madame Braxton

No comments:

Post a Comment