Tuesday, February 28, 2017

No-main-course Day: Just Desserts and Appetizers ๐Ÿช๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ˜

Today' s menu was filled of sweet and delight. We made cookies in the morning and appetizers in the evening
1. We had a fest of dessert this morning. There were spritz cookies, coconut cookies, cream puffs with whipped cream, raspberry and caramel sauce to go with ice cream. At first I even thought I was going to have a sugar shock but I did not, instead I even ate so many cookies and cream puffs. I loved the combination of the whipped cream and the cream puff. The combination tasted like the cream puff I often had back in Vietnam, which was once or twice a week since I lived next to a bakery. Also, I just figure out that my nick name (the name that my family use to call me at home) means cream puff (we call cream puff "su su" in Vietnamese, which is also my name). My most favorite dessert was the spritz cookies that we baked. The dessert was a bomb! They were not too sweet but had a taste of butter, definitely an ideal dessert for a party and it was easy to make too! I liked the coconut cookies too, but not with the jelly beans on top and I wished it had more coconut flakes on it. Overall, this morning I was so satisfied with my stomach.
2. The evening I was also satisfied as much as in the morning. We cooked food that I had never heard of or tasted before, and they turned out to be delicious. We had cheese stuffed garlic knot, pretzel strawberry square, bacon and cheese dip, and pasta with cheese ball, cucumber and tomato. I tried everything but the pretzel strawberry square because I could not eat anymore sweet food. My favorite was the cheese stuffed garlic knot. It was the perfect finger food to start a meal with. It smelled good and tasted awesome. I liked the feeling of the rich and melting cheese stick in my mouth whenever I took a bit of the pastry. It was easy to do also, so if I had time in the future, I would definitely make it again for my family. I also liked the pasta and the cheese-bacon dip. The pasta gave my mouth a different, refreshing flavor after I had tasted so many sweet food. I liked the dip both because of the cute, mini, crunchy bread go with the dip and the rich-sweet taste of cheese and bacon in the dip.
At the end of the day, I was so unsure about going to dinner because I was too full and could not eat anything more. Can't wait for the field trip tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment