Wednesday, March 1, 2017

My Day at Carytown 🌶️🍫🍜🛍️

Today was the first time I ever visited Carytown. I had a fun and memorable time there. We went to the spice and chocolate shop at first. In the spice shop, I smelled every jar that I could put my hand on. My favorite spices were probably the garlic ones and the cocoa power. I was so sorry that I did not cook a lot so I did not buy anything from the spice shop. Same things in the chocolate shop because I just do not like chocolate. Then we went to a Vietnamese restaurant, which was my favorite time during the trip. The restaurant was so beautiful with all the decorations that remind me about Vietnam, the lotus, bicycles,... I had broken rice with grilled pork, which was my favorite dish for breakfast in Vietnam. Fun fact, we actually do not eat broken rice or bread (the "banh mi" that some of us had today) for lunch and dinner, just breakfast. The food was very authentic, even though the size was a little bit smaller than it supposed to be, but that was fine for me. Then I walked around with Lexie and discovered something I have not known before, Goodwill. I did not know how I had no idea that Goodwill exists. But that was a fun and helpful discovery, now I know where to shop for clothes next time. Before we went back we had some Indian appetizer platter, including fried sweet potato, ground pork(?), and fried dumpling stuffed with peas and pork. I likes the food, even though my friends did not really enjoy it. Also, I a chocolate cupcake with mocha cream. It was delicious, not to sweet, but has a light coffee flavor and soft. I will definitely visit this place in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment